*****UPDATE 4/27/20***** CHANGES STARTING MAY 1st
SMALL ANIMAL CARE:
Temporary Schedule Changes for Small Animal Care:
1) “Curbside” service continues for ALL small animal patients. Please call from your car when you arrive at the office, and one of the nurses will be out to retrieve your animal for their exam/procedures, and will return them when finished with an update on the status of the visit. Clients will be allowed in the building only for end-of-life care for pets.
2) Routine/annual small animal appointments can be scheduled starting May 1st – this includes heartworm tests, vaccinations, yearly physicals, puppy and kitten vaccine boosters as well as happy visits.
3) Happy visits - free visits for puppies to acclimate nervous youngsters must take place during a specific stage of their brain development to be most effective, so we feel these are important to continue, especially now when taking your puppy out to socialize in public isn’t really an option. Please call us to learn more about this great free service!
4) Illness and Injury visits for dogs and cats will continue to be available on an acute basis during regular business hours. For minor illness/injuries, we may be able to do some phone consultations.
5) Elective surgeries have been given the green light – so, spays, neuters, teeth cleanings are able to be scheduled at this time. We are closely watching the supply line for access to necessary anesthesia medications and surgical supplies – if something changes in our ability to schedule elective surgeries, we will let you know.
**At this time, our annual May Dog Vaccine Clinic is on hold. We do NOT have a date scheduled for this clinic at this time. Please consider making an appointment to have your dog’s yearly physical and vaccinations, as we are unsure if this clinic will be put on this year.
Temporary Schedule Changes for Horse Appointments
****We request a single handler, non-ill handler from a healthy household. This applies to both boarding barns and backyard barns – no kids in the barn just because they are home from school. Please plan to wear a mask during your appointment. ****
1) Vaccine visits for horses are available during the above listed hours, Monday and Wednesday, or Thursday afternoons.
2) Dental floats, geldings, or other elective surgeries are available to be scheduled, again Monday and Wednesday, or Thursday afternoons.
3) Illness and Injury farm calls are available Monday-Friday, and on an emergency basis outside of hours, as always. Again, please have a single, non-ill handler from a healthy household with a mask available for the appointment.
IF YOU ARE ILL, live with someone who is ill, or have traveled in the last 2 weeks, PLEASE DO NOT come to the office and consider the following alternatives:
1) If your dog or cat is sick or injured, we are more than happy to see your dog or cat as a drop off appointment, or we may be able to do phone consultations for minor illnesses & injuries.
2) If your horse is sick or injured, please arrange for a non-ill friend or family member (preferably one you don't live with) to meet us at the barn. As above, we may be able to do phone consultations for minor injuries and illnesses.
If you need medication or food refills (whether sick or not), PLEASE plan to prepay over the phone if you are able and when you come to pick up the meds, call us from the parking lot - someone will run the medication out to your car. If you ARE sick, please try to send someone who is not sick to pick up the meds. Alternatively, you are more than welcome to refill medication or food through our online pharmacies and have them shipped to your door (unfortunately, there are a few meds that cannot be ordered online due to state regulations, and those will still have to be filled through our clinic).
If you're looking for dog/cat items, check out https://pricescreekvet.myvetstoreonline.pharmacy/
If you're looking for horse items, check out https://pricescreekvet.myequin...
Thanks from Dennis and the Staff and Vets of Prices Creek!